- Now every Sunday -
9:00am start from The Skyliner (9:30am in Winter).
New to cycling? Like to enjoy an easy paced Sunday morning ride and make new like-minded friends? Designed especially with beginners in mind Leeds' premier cycling club introduces a series of regular 'Novice' rides led by 'Breeze Champion' British Cycling trained ride leaders.
- All welcome (see conditions below), no need to be a club member.
- Steady pace suitable for all ages and abilities, nobody left behind.
- Typical speed 10-12mph, tailored to slowest riders.
- Approx 30-40 mile route to suit group members on the day.
- Café stop half way.
- Some car parking available at start.
- No need to enter in advance, it's free, just turn up, see conditions below.
- Basic cycling competence required.
Meet up for a 9:00am start from:
The Skyliner Fish Restaurant,
Ring Road, Leeds Map
For further details email organiser Julie Smithies.
Don't forget some money for refreshments, dress for expected weather conditions and carry a spare inner tube or means of puncture repair.
- Must be aged 14 or over.
- Any rider aged Under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult rider aged 18 or over (each responsible adult may accompany a maximum of two younger riders).
- All under 16's must wear a safety helmet.
- A signed Parental Consent form is required for any rider aged under 18 and must be presented at the start of ride. One form valid for a year download Parental Consent Form
Participants take part at their own risk and must ride safely, within the rules of the road and with consideration for other road users. Cycles must be in a roadworthy condition. Wearing a safety helmet is strongly reccomended and is mandatory for under 16's. Neither the promoter nor the promoting club accept any liability whatsoever.
Images from our ' Ladies' rides, click for more photos.